Rev. Dr Wole. Gbogboade, was born into devout Muslim family from Abeokuta, Ogun State on 23rd May, 1953 State, Nigeria. My father was a high ranking Imam (Muslim cleric) who would go any length to ensure that his beloved son and heir of his mosque would take-over from him.
To achieve this purpose, he sent me to a Quranic school early in life and a private secular primary school to prevent influence of Christian religious teaching in my life. I attended an Islamic Junior High School to perfect my standing in Islam. However, since my father had returned to his home town, I had to join him. By providence, my father allowed me to attend Baptist Boys’ High School, Abeokuta since that was one of the few good Schools in my home town then. For this reason, my father insisted I would go from home though, I wanted boarding house.
Thank God for Mission Schools like that which somehow exposed me to Christianity.
In my final year in the University of Ibadan , I made up my mind to become a Christian, but not until I finished and took up a job in 1979 did I have the courage to attend church service. In 1980, I became a Christian and stopped going to mosque for prayers. Then I started attending church service regularly and praying as a Christian.
I had was converted in 1990 and wholly surrendered my life to Christ. In 1993, I resigned my Senior Managerial post with multinational company, KIWI ( Nigeria ) Ltd. to go into full-time ministry.
· By His grace, I am the General Overseer of Christ Family Evangelical Mission (Church of the firstborn) Agbado.
· By His grace, I’ve authored 10 books that have been published and torching lives to the glory of God.
· The Ministry have published 24 Tracts and distributed over 1 million some of which are in French, Hausa, Igbo, English and Yoruba. While all of them are in English Language and have been distributing them free.
· By His grace, I attended The Latter Rain Bible College as well as Haggai Institute Leadership Training in Hawaii , Billy Graham School of Evangelism, Discipleship Training Network and RTC all in USA among others.
· B.Sc (Honors) Degree in Sociology, University of Ibadan . 1978
· I have been engaged in ministry work in Nigeria , Africa, USA and Britain to His glory.
· Former President Of Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (P.F.N). Agbado and Vice Chairman P.F.N Ifo County , Ogun State .
· Former President, Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International,(FGBMFI) Inland –Town Chapter, Onitsha
Married to Rev. (Mrs) Azuka Theresa Gbogboade; we are blessed with many children who love and are serving Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Rev. Gbogboade founded with his beloved wife, Christ Family Evangelical Mission:
· Church of the Firstborn
· Word of Salvation Publication (Writing, Publishing and Distributing tracts, Christian Literatures Books to the nations)
· Christ Light School ( Kindergaten, Primary & High School)
· Esthers’ Arise (Women Ministries & Pastors ‘ Wives program)
The ministry is involved in Mission support and Leadership Training programs in West Africa and other part of Africa .