HEARING FROM GOD Part 1
Dr Wole Gbogboade
TEXT: Heb.1: 1-3, Gen. 25:21-23, Judges 13:1-11.
God speaks to his people willingly. God desires that his people will hear him and understand when he speaks. God speaks through signs and audible voice so that his people will hear and understand him without any ambiguity God is not happy that often times, His people fail to seek his leading before they embark on what to do. When we seek the Lord, he will answer us Jer. 33:3.
Isaac and Rebecca sought the lord even before Rebecca conceived. While the babies were in her womb, she also sought the Lord. And the Lord spoke precisely to her Gen.25: 22-23.
An angel who prophesied the birth of her son, Samson, when she told her husband, Manoah decided to inquire from the Lord and made a request that the angel should come again visited Manoh’s wife. The Lord sent that angel whom, Manoah then met to confirm the divine/prophetic birth of Samson Jer. 29:12-13.
God spoke to Elijah in a quiet place through an angel where he laid after fleeing from Jezebel; he also spoke to him in the cave after thunderous sounds. God spoke to Job in whirlwind. God can speak to his people at will, he’s the Lord.
May we hear and be able to do His bidden when speaks.
How Can We Seek God? We seek him for many reasons ranging from needs to projects etc but it’s also important to seek his face just to know him more and to fellowship or develop relationship with him. We can also seek the Lord’s face when we have any burden even for the nation or church (Body of Christ) inclusive.
HABAKKUK: Hab. 1:1-11 He saw injustice in the land with violence, wanton destruction and wickedness vs.1-4 Then the Lord answered Habakkuk and told him what he was about to do vs. 5-11 Again, Habakkuk complained to the Lord about man’s nature of greed and avarice VS 12-17. Then, he sought the Lord Hab. 2:1. Again, the Lord replied him. vs. 2-20. Finally, Habakkuk prayed for mercy despite deserved judgment vs. 3:1-2. Finally, in his prayer of intercession, he began to worship and prophecy restoration for Israel. vs. 17-19
Quite time is a time we stay alone with God in worship read and meditation and listen to what he will impress on our heart for the day, season, and future. IITim.3:14–15. Family alter must be functional. God speaks when brethren worship and pray together likewise in the church. Heb.10:25. Where two or three gather together in his name, the Lord is there to do wonders.
BLESSING OF SEEKING THE LORD’S FACE Isa 55: 9-11
1. One can seek his face for direction on issues pertaining to one’s personal life, family and ministry even business. The best ministry to do is the one ordained of God; the best business is the one the Lord asks you to do. While the best spouse is the one God has given to you. You have fulfilment no matter the challenge and there must be a turn around because, the glory of the Lord must manifest for the world to see. Your commitment will be rewarded with a glorious success and Trans-generational blessings.
2. We seek God because of the integrity of his world. PS. 138:2. His word is as constant as the sun and the moon in the orbit. It’s like a certified cheque; it’s as sure as a king’s seal.
3. We need to see the Lord on issues that border on destiny because of its implication on our lives.
4. Hearing from God prevents confusion, quarrels or misunderstanding in the home.
Matt.1: 20. If Joseph did not hear from God through an angel, he would have gone ahead with his plans to send away Mary; his betrothed wife whom he thought should be a virgin but was now pregnant.
5. We seek God’s face for truth about any matter. The Holy Spirit will never lie because the Spirit of Jesus is the spirit of truth. John 16:13, 14:26,1John2: 27. Women played key role in the nation of Israel either as king’s mother or queen. Women like Esther who could seek God’s face, Deborah, wise woman of Tekoa, etc. were positively able to impact both the nation and the people.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE FAIL TO SEEK GOD? Isa. 30:1-9
Since there is no vacuum in the nature, when we don’t seek God, it becomes inevitable to walk by sight no many issues we ought to approach by faith. Isa. 30:1-9, 31:1. We seek help from Egypt, which simply means outside God’s will for our lives. Jer. 5:30-31 Failure to seek God by yourself can make you believe lies or deception of false prophets. Ahab refuse to seek God neither was he prepared to listen to the true prophet of God most high i.e. Micaiah, inevitably, he believed lies that his Ego deserved from lying prophets.
Word of Salvation Publication
PO Box 7572, Ikeja (100001), Lagos. Nigeria.
Feel free to forward this monthly teaching to other Believers. Be a blessing as you are blessed.