EFFICACY OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Dr Wole Gbogboade
Text: Exodus 12: 12-14 (NIV)
The month of Abib in Jewish calendar is from mid-March to mid-April. The significance of this month is so much in their lives and history. It is the month of exodus when God delivered them from Pharaoh and led them on their way to the promise land.
Before they left Egypt, they observed Passover which marked their deliverance from draconian taskmasters under Pharaoh’s authority. When every effort to get them freed proved abortive because pharaoh was adamant, the Lord told Moses to instruct all Jews in Egypt to kill sheep or goat per household and mark their houses with the blood of the sheep so that as the Lord would visit Egyptians with terrible plaque, He would Passover the Jews by the reason of the blood mark on them.
“On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn- both men and animals- and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt, I am the Lord. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt” Exo. 12: 12-13
The blood saved the Israelites from destruction while the same blood destroyed Egyptians and their gods. The same blood transferred the wealth of the Egyptians to the Jews, the Red sea opened up for them to pass through dry land by the Lord’s command. The same Red Sea destroyed Pharaoh and his army.
“By faith the people passed through the Red sea as on dry land; but when the Egyptians tried to do so, they were drowned.” Heb. 11: 29
BLESSINGS OF THE BLOOD. Rev. 1: 5-6
1. Forgiveness of sin:
“…. And without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.” Heb. 9: 22
The blood shed by Our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary is the acceptable and permanent atonement for the remission of man’s sin. No more blood of goat, sheep etc for atonement. Jesus said, “It is finished” that is, no more sacrifices for atonement as far as sin is concerned. He has already paid the full and final price for redemption. Heb. 9: 10
b. Salvation: Man can only tap into the finished work by believing the gospel, repent of sin and ask for forgiveness by Christ Jesus. Then make Jesus your Saviour and Lord over your life. 1 Pet 1: 18-19, Isa. 1:18-19, Rev 5: 9
c. Justification: Rom 5:9. No more guilt because by His resurrection, we are justified which means, just as if we never sinned. Salvation brings man into a state of innocence before God. Jesus has taken man’s sin and the curse of the law upon His own head (thorn of crown) on the cross to give man His own innocence. Therefore, no more need for calves’ blood which does only ceremonial atonement. If the Son sets you free, you are free indeed.
2. Healing: Jesus received stripes by whips with sharp objects that tore His flesh. The blood and water that came out from His body is for healing. 1 Peter 2: 24
3. Deliverance from Curses: Gal 3:13, 1Pet 2:9. The blood of Jesus flowing from the crown of thorns has broken the curse of the law. Thus the power of hardship and struggles broken from Believers’ lives and cause the Gentiles who believe in Christ to have access to the blessings of Abraham, the father of faith. Gal 3:14
4. Blessings: Apart from that mention above the bible says, Jesus was rich but, became poor for us so, that we might become rich. 2 Cor.8:9.
The riches of Christ available for Christians is first spiritual and then soul, financial /material. 3 John 2. Divine revelation through wisdom of God and His creative ability can be tapped into by people of God for our prosperity; spirit, soul and body. Instead of slaves of sin that we were under the law, Jesus through His blood shed has redeemed/freed us and made us kings and priests to serve our Father. Rev 1: 5-6 (NIV)
5 Serve: Luke 1:74, Heb.9:14, 13:20-21. Believers receive empowerment to serve the Lord our God in an acceptable way.
6. Warfare: Rev.12:11, 1Pet.2:6-8. The same blood of Jesus was able to conquer the devil, principalities and powers publicly. Col. 1:15. The blood of Jesus is a powerful instrument with the word of God to break satanic yoke and set captives free. Believers have this authority through Christ. The devil can never cross the bloodline. He could not cross it in the Red sea, on the cross, in heaven, on earth even beneath the earth. Phil.2:8-11, Heb.11:28-29 (NIV)
7. Covenant: Since covenants are usually made among men by blood oath, Jesus shed His blood as the only mark of covenant between God and man. Heb.13:20-21, Mt.26:26-28. The blood is seal of blessing for Believers in Christ.
8. Holiness: Heb. 13:12. It is the blood of Jesus that purify us and faith in Him enables us to live holy.
Word of Salvation Publication
PO Box 7572, Ikeja (100001), Lagos. Nigeria.
Tel: +234- 8033250375, +17348331913
Feel free to forward this monthly teaching to other Believers. Be a blessing as you are blessed.