RAISING GODLY STANDARD FROM THE PULPIT Dr Wole Gbogboade
Text: John 21: 15-19
Jesus highlighted three levels of growth to maturity in the faith that He wanted His disciples to pay attention to:
1- Feed my lambs. These are young converts who need milk for nurturing them. v. 15. 1 Peter 2: 1-3
2- Care for my sheep. v. 16. Acts 2: 45
3- Feed my sheep v. 17. Heb. 5: 12-14
4- The Word and the Holy Spirit help both in teaching and understanding v. 18
5- Follow me. Jesus is our example and our Role Model to follow just like the Apostles. Acts 2: 42-47
Jesus is our example: 1-3-12-70-500+
1- He first made Himself an Example by His lifestyle. Acts 1:1,
- b)Paul: 1 Cor. 4:17.
- c)John: 1 John 1: 1-3
2- Then, His word and teaching
3- Modeled His life and teaching to raise disciples
- A)In-house b) participatory c) Test d) oral, sign, assignment, Q & A, etc. e) Story telling
4- In the Old Testament, the Priesthood is a symbol of:
- a)Knowledge of God’s word. Mal. 2: 14
- b)Character though he was not perfect.
- c)Purity Exo. 29: 44, 30: 30. Ezra: 7:10-12
Evidence of spiritual growth:
1) Read, Study and Meditate on the word
2) The word lifestyle. Do the word
3) Prayer life
Word of Salvation Publication
PO Box 7572, Ikeja (100001), Lagos. Nigeria.
Tel: +234- 8033250375, +17348331913
Feel free to forward this monthly teaching to other Believers. Be a blessing as you are blessed.